new surf film script

Stick">
15 messages - 9335 views

I have been working on a script for a surf movie for a while now. Like most movies it really just consists of one final scene with 85 minutes of crap as a filler in front of it to make up the 90 min feature length. I have the possible titles shortlisted to:

PS, I SURF

THERE WILL BE SURF and

NO SURF FOR OLD MEN

Any feedback would be much appreciated, cheers guys!

EXT: PACIFIC OCEAN DAYSomewhere in the Pacific. Two boats converge on a near mythical wave called The Zipper. This wave requires a swell from both the north and the south to converge and forms a funneling fullpipe, legend has it the wave breaks once every 50 years. One boat is REECE's crew and the other KYLE's crew. The two are brothers that have been fierce rivals since REECE snaked KYLE to win the Central Coast Junior Blue Tongue Brewery title and went on to be world champ. KYLE was always the better surfer but went into a spiraling depression and joined the Army, serving in Iraq.

KYLE and REECE talk to each others boats via megaphones.

REECEYou're too late man. We've got this wave.

KYLEJust like back on the Central Coast huh Reece.

EXT: REECE BOAT. DAYREECE flashes back to the Central Coast when he snaked his brother. A deckhand steadies him as he slips.

DECKHANDHey houlies, you okay man?

EXTREME C/U on REECE's shaking hand, he hides it away.

REECEWha? Yeah fine, let's hit the water.

REECE begins suiting up in multi layers of fluoro sponsored lycra.

EXT: DECK OF KYLES BOAT DAYKYLE strips down to his plain black boardshorts that have the makers brand mark pixilated over. KYLE is about to enter the water when his driver played by Aussie Joe Bugner shakes KYLE'S hand fiercely.

AUSSIE JOEYou got this man

The two embrace fiercely and tears stream down KYLE and AUSSIE JOE's face. KYLE paddles out.

EXT. THE LINEUP. DAYKYLE and REECE sit on the takeoff spot.

REECEYou shouldn't be here man, youdon't have what it takes.

KYLEYou think the tour can prepare youfor this? Your wrong man...dead wrong.

REECELet's see about that.

On the horizon a massive wave rises from both horizons and moves towards the takeoff spot.

KYLEI'm in the spot for thisman, you know it.

The two waves begin to form a cylindrical 30 foot fullpipe which grinds towards the lineup. KYLE paddles but at the last minute, REECE strokes deeper into the takeoff zone and snakes him. He's too deep.

KYLEReece! No, your too deep.

A smile crosses REECE's face as he ignores KYLE and takes off. REECE drops down the face and pulls into the immense barrel. Something is wrong. REECE looks down and his board begins to vibrate.

REECEWhat the...?

REECE wipes out and the entire Pacific pours in over the top of him

CUT TO; KYLE sitting on his board

KYLEReece ! Noooooo

Finally the clouds of mist clear and at the end of the lineup KYLE sees REECE lying motionless on his board. With tears streaming down his face, KYLE paddles for another wave and catches it. KYLE works the wave perfectly, riding the right and then crossing over the flats to pick up a line on the left. Suddenly KYLE reaches the same spot REECE did and his board begins to vibrate. KYLE struggles to control his board.

KYLE(to himself)What's wrong, why is it fighting me.

KYLE puts his hand to his temple as he suddenly feels very dizzy, a cold sweat breaks out across his forehead and he experiences a flashback to Iraq.

EXT: PERSIAN GULF. DAY

KYLE and a US Serviceman called BUTCH sit on their boards in the shipping lane at Basra, Iraq. They both wear camoflagued pants. The US Servicemen cracks two tins of Michelob Low Carb Light Beer open and forces one into KYLE's hand.

BUTCHHell of a way to spend your R and Rhuh soldier!

KYLE takes a swig from his can of Michelob Low Carb Light Beer. The fruity almost whispy flavours so different from the heady, hoppy flavours of beer from his homeland, so far away.

An enormous merchant ship steams out of the harbour towards the pair.

BUTCHBatter up dude!

The 3 foot wake of the ship reaches them and both catch the wave on their 9'6" Bongo Perkins signature models.

BUTCHThat's it dude, you got it!

BUTCH light a cigar as he and KYLE ride the wave.

Suddenly there is a faint whistling noise. BUTCH seems to not hear it at all. All to late, KYLE realises that the sound is from a stray AIM-120C missile dropped from a US F-22 RAPTOR

KYLE(screaming)Butch! Hit the deck

Too late

The whole ocean lifts up and KYLE looks on to see BUTCH incinerated in a flurry of fire and shrapnel. KYLE surfs through the patch where BUTCH was and is covered in blood, gore and Chinese fibreglass as the remants of BUTCH and his board fall back to Earth.

KYLENOOOOOOOOOOOO!

EXT THE WAVE DAYKYLE is almost of the back of his board, immediately he regains his composure, strikes his signature pooman stance and blasts through the impossible section. The wave closes in all around him hundreds of metres ahead KYLE sees a small white light and aims for it. There is a voice in his head.

STAY ON TARGET

STAY ON TARGET

KYLE blasts free of the barrel just as the entire wave collapses in upon itself. KYLE paddles towards the limp figure of REECE lying on his board.

REECE (weakly)Hey, you made it bro. You made it,always were the best one.

KYLENo bro, you were the one thathad what it took to make it tothe top.

REECEI wish you were there with me bro.

KYLEI was bro...I was.

A MONTAGE sequence begins showing REECE winning surfing competitions all over the world and there is every shot somewhere is KYLE hiding in the crowd cheering his brother on.

KYLE and REECE shake hands one last time as REECE dies.

KYLENooooooooooo.

EXT PACIFIC ISLAND SUNSETKYLE carries REECE's body from the boat and wades ashore with it. AUSSIE JOE moves to help him.

KYLENo mate it's okay, I got this.He ain't heavy...he's my brother.

KYLE places REECE's body on a bonfire with his signature Thai shaped 9'0" Foil. Natives dance around the scene as KYLE lights the bonfire and looks on.

As the black smoke from the fibreglass rises, KYLE sees the spirit of REECE next to the spirit of BUTCH. Tears of joy streak across KYLE's soot blackened face and he shakes his head laughing. The two spirits laugh back at him. BUTCH slaps the spirit of REECE on the back.

KYLE stops and comes to attention, he salutes and BUTCH does the same.

KYLEPermission to surf sir?

BUTCHPermission granted soldier!

FREEZE FRAME - KYLE leaps up into the air punching the sky.

ROLL CREDITS

CUE JACK JOHNSON surf music theme

FADE OUT:

..We are but travelers here..

Wall of text For The Loss

..We are but travelers here..

We will have a look at this guys and ry to come up with a fix to clean the text up a little - the content is G.O.L.D

LOLLERSKATES

..Do not try...do..

8)) You need to find a hectic wave, or get some mad CGI to justify that many Noooooos in the script! There has to be a lot of from inside the barrel footage too. This is where I think a lot surf movies could do a lot better. Just check "Crystal Voyager". That and great sound track is what it takes. Nice 8D...wouldn't you want to have a discounted Russian submarine in action? Surfing captain Nemo style

PS It doesn't matter what happens 1 hour prior to this sequence:

http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?q=crystal%20voyager&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USsurprisefficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#

"I have developed a very limited ability to harness the earth's energy and use it to travel at high speeds up and down a moving surface of water. Pretty cool." Unknown

Yeah, always thought he should have stalled a lot more on the barrel ride, would have got way deeper. Inability to post hyperlink FTL by the way.

Longboarding > You

"I have developed a very limited ability to harness the earth's energy and use it to travel at high speeds up and down a moving surface of water. Pretty cool." Unknown

Fire...Scourge of Promethius

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Actually missed out on the last Indy. Worth a watch you reckon?

RE Longinus He should have stalled a lot more on the barrel ride - On the spoon, in the barrel with a camera, I think that's some of the most exceptional cinematography conceived. If there are any better underwater footage, please advise!

If there are any better underwater footage, please advise!

Always happy to advise

Longboarding > You

If there are any better underwater footage, please advise!

I am thinking you mean if there "is" not "are" any better underwater footages

Translit is for N00bs

You must be registered or logged in to post to this topic. Login/Register