13th beachbellarine peninsula victoria australia

Stick">
59 messages - 28140 views

I missed the best of a nice swell this week with a funked-up head, that knocked-out feeling...but came good for some clean fun at Winki on Sunday April 18th.

Getting the hang of my new camera and finding the difference to a happy-snapper just extro-ordinary. Here's Bell's just off a-yonder -

My mate JaseO -

Some kook -

And Forgot-'is-Name...1-2-3...

Not my boards, but they will be!!!

Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

Wed. 21/4/10

I like this surfing-during-work-hrs thing...maybe I should sack myself.

Genuine R&D...really!

Clean offshore, nice swell and a lil' spot I call "Fuggoff Mofo's", not so much off-the-beaten-track as overlooked.

Swell dropped a little for today but looks good for some extra size on the weekend...Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

Wednesday 28th - A new swell arrived. Still wonky, it showed all the signs of lining up to be good the next day. So that night was an early one, a good rest-up for the dawny.

I followed the road in a straight line to "Gohomes" with that thumping anticipation...And so it was. Bigger than its been for some time...Out came the 7'8...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Paddle sore witha bad case of "OMS" (Old Man Syndrome) I'm looking for somethimng cruisier tommorrow...

Joshwww.joshdowlingshape.com

www.joshdowlingshape.com

smokin Josh!

Longboarding > You

Hey longy,

Yep, that was a morning. Its been as good since. Perfect conditions for a few straight days. I got into the water a couple of times despite a TKO cold.

I have heaps more shots but I've taken the laptop to hospital with a nasty Virus. This Ol' desktop machine I'm on now does'nt have my files, or photoshop to reduce the pics for web, so I'll be tardy with my report this week.

Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

The "surfcoast" has lived up to it's name these past two weeks, with consistent swell ans wind conditions. I've had to mix the wave time with arm-twisting important board orders, a shonky cold and recovery, so I got some camera-work in.

Here's my Bro TTT initiating his new shooter at one of the Torquay reefs.

Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

Hey Josh, whats the main type of board you are shaping the most at present?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Hey mate,

Main type...hmmm...its even between hp thrusters, fuller quads and step-ups.

Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

Last week saw some clean conditions and some great lines, not large, but the proverbial Corduroy...

I had arm-twisting priorities in the shaping room...so-and-so going to the Mentawais...and only scored a little of it.

Here's one of the rare high-tide lefts in the area. A clifftop outlook makes a good shooting position.

Uploaded with ImageShack.usJosh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

The cold is starting to kick in...Queenslanders need not apply! Beautiful "Oily" conditions this week, just not a massive swell to match.

Some fun little lunchtime peaks...

A crap SE onshore kicked in since, and it looks like I'll be off-duty til Thursday with a new swell.

Joshhttp://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Josh-Dowling-Shape-Custom-Composite-Surfboards/223664366865

www.joshdowlingshape.com

You must be registered or logged in to post to this topic. Login/Register